Karina Carvalho quits ABC News

 


Karina Carvalho quits ABC News

News anchor will depart after 17 years with public broadcaster.


Karina Carvalho has quit ABC News after 17 years with the broadcaster.

Currently presenting for ABC News channel, her final news bulletin will screen on Wednesday.

Carvalho began her journalism career in Perth after graduating from the WA Academy of Performing Arts.

She headed overseas to London and worked for BBC World News and worked on HARDtalk as a producer. She headed back to Australia and began work at ABC News in Perth in 2007, later becoming Western Australia’s 7pm ABC News anchor for three and a half years.

In 2012 she moved to Melbourne and co-hosted News Breakfast and later in Brisbane became news anchor for 5 years.

“The ABC will always have a special place in my heart, I’ve been able to meet and work with so many talented people,” she told The Australian.

“Now is the right time to venture into the next phase of my career and I’m excited to see what’s around the corner.

“I wish my colleagues at the ABC nothing but the best.”


Read more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denver Broncos’ Limitations Exposed In Blowout Loss To Detroit Lions

'Ready, pronto, and full of perfume': remembering Franco Cozzo

Author Hanif Kureishi on life-changing injuries: My privacy is gone